WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO VACUUM MY RUG?
You don’t need a fancy expensive vacuum to use on your area rugs, but you should know that some vacuums may be too powerful for delicate rugs and fibers. Here is a wonderful article by the RUG CHICK- Lisa Wagner on which vacuums work best for which type of rugs: HOW DO I VACUUM MY RUG?
TIPS: If you can, take your rug outside once a year to DUST AND VACUUM as follows:
- First Step: shake it out!
- Place your rug face-down, lay flat and vacuum the back side.
- Flip it over and vacuum the face/top.
- Remember to go SLOW, your rugs are more delicate than carpet.
- DO NOT VACUUM FRINGE! It may get caught in the beater bar and cause damage very easily to your rug and your vacuum.